11.28.2011

A Dance with Dragons

A Dance with Dragons

By George R.R. Martin

I’m having some mixed emotions writing this. On one hand, the book was awesome and I can’t wait to read the sixth in the series. On the other hand, the book is over and I now have to wait however many years for the next (loud sigh).

I guess I will pull myself out of this denial-filled depression long enough to say: book five definitely does not disappoint!

It is so hard to review these books because I don’t want to give anything away to those who are still reading (which I know some of you are) but I want a chance to gush about all the details, twists, and turns!

Like every other book in this series, book 5 will keep you on your toes! Oh, you thought this person was dead? NOPE. You thought this person was safe? NOPE. You thought a certain thing might never happen? Well it did. You thought, since that happened, maybe this other thing will happen to? NOPE. Someone’s story seem a little boring because you want that somebody to go do something that is written in the stars but that person never seems to actually do anything but advocate peace and wear weird clothes? Don’t even worry about it. The good never get their reward? Nope. The wrong never get punished? Wrong again. Can you stand this vague excitement?? Well, then hurry up and catch up readers!

The last image of the last chapter had me so pumped up that I literally giggled out loud- confusing my dog who seems somewhat aware of what is and is not normal human behavior. He wouldn’t judge me so harshly if he understood what I think this means for the next book.

Basically, more than anything, this book built up to book six, which would not be such a bummer if anyone had any idea of when book six would actually be ready. Some awesome things have been set up, characters have been put through the ringer and are (for some literally and figuratively) a million miles away from where they first began in the first book.

ALSO- my dear friend Kathleen proposed a theory about someone’s true identity- something I didn’t even really know was up for question (at least not to this degree)- and, if she is right, which I think she is, WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!! I am so excited to see if that means what we both think it means!!!

Nice work, Kathleen, nice work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

did you read the book? what did you think?

 
Elegant de BlogMundi